What is Solar Energy?

This video gives a simple but compelling introduction to solar energy. Did you know that all of the energy we use comes from the sun,? You probably know that’s true for solar panels, but the sun is also the ultimate source for energy generated by wind, water, and fossil fuels. Watch this video to learn more about renewable sources of energy and more!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/scitoons/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sci_toons?lang=en
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sci_toons/

I created this video with the YouTube Video Editor (http://www.youtube.com/editor)

29 Responses to What is Solar Energy?

1. Motivation Elevator says:

Lol

2. Devante Smith says:

this is a cheesy video

3. Luigi Davis says:

This book [link here>>>https://plus.google.com/u/3/113778429958471787540/posts/67MrRb1YGej ] got me thru the design and installation of a complete off-grid system for my lake cottage. The process of site evaluation, system component selection, wiring, etc. is complex, but with a lot of study and this book, I ended up very happy with the results. Everything you need to know is here. I recommend it for anyone who is starting with little solar panel knowledge and wants to end up with a whole house system

4. Bailey Trew says:

sorry but hydro power is the best producing renewable resource out there so proof your facts first but apart from that great video! very educational! Four and a half stars out of Five

5. Joshua Griffin says:

This sucked. You just proved nothing except that you know nothing about solar energy

6. Muhammad Abdullah says:

WOW! Very informative and easy to understand!!!!

7. Deep Craft says:

Nice video!!!! You really helped me.

8. Deep Craft says:

No pun intended?

9. Abigail Clubb says:

I love the animation in this video… it makes it much less boring to watch!!Also, lots of good info is used to "power" this vid (get it?) 😂 (jk… not that funny)I used this for a 7th grade scholarly report on solar energy. Great job, guys!!

10. Graphics Kings says:

My small solar system after one year, the good and the bad https://youtu.be/X4IdUaRAARI

11. Luis Tilton says:

I am very satisfied for purchasing this item from here [link here>>>https://plus.google.com/u/3/113778429958471787540/posts/67MrRb1YGej ] .Delivery date was very early than expected. Thanks!

12. Patel Vidhu says:

Solar is definitely future. Very cost competitive compare to coal.

13. Old Conspiracy Dude says:

Is solar bound by carnot efficiency ?

14. Youness Bahy says:

EasySolar is The easier solution that allows you to dimension your solar installation without any help,check this out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=technisolar.easysolar

15. fireofenergy says:

What's the latest EROEI, efficiency and expected longevity, and are the materials abundant enough to power many full blown planetary civilizations? Many, because we'll need that much energy for the future (global warming reversal, ten billion person air and space travel, no poverty, etc).

16. Curtis Densmore says:

I'm not following this logic: "Employers will stop giving out free electricity because I've never seen employers with gas stations for their employees." The more people drive electrics, the more people you can attract with charging stations. And, how does the cost of installing a charging station compare with the cost of a gas station? And, it's incredibly hard to stop something once it gets established.

17. Roger didit says:

Solar power is A HOAX. 1) works 50% of time in 50% of country. 2) cannot exist without carbon powered backup. 3) Is expensive when distribution costs are added (desert to city)

18. Literally Stalin says:

I am a Solar installer in Sunny Australia. Local or distrinuted solar generation is much more efficient than solar farms. Solar farms need land, ground mount systems, large distribution boards and HV substations at great expense, none of which are needed for systems on pre existing roof structures. Then a solar farm needs to distribute from a point source through a HV GRID, then an LV GRID to the occupancy. That is millions of kilometres of billion dollar distribution infrastructure. Another cost not required if on your roof. This guy is pitching for vested interests who want to sell you electricity through a meter. Put 10KW on your roof with a multimode inverter and a lithium batt or two, vacuum tube HWS and switch off from the grid. Payback is under 10 years, life of system is 15 years. Do the math.

19. Nolan says:

The best promise for the adaptation of solar is through product replacement. Roofing, siding and window materials that encompass solar energy generation technology will make implementation more possible because installation and maintenance costs are drastically reduced.

20. gwensf says:

I would like to purchase my own panels and install them myself. Any recommendations on the best place to purchase (in the US).

21. jp says:

When they can run an iron foundry and steel mill at night I'll be impressed. For now I'll stick to my garden lights.

22. Trent Connection says:

I go to hot counties. They use coal Solar it too expensive. In UK it is too intermittent ( I have them on my roof). If annual global energy demand increase was to be met by solar, that would mean a solar farm the size of Italy every year!

23. Andrew Hockings says:

Totally disagree with the point around 4:10 where he says electricity bills will be ridiculous when you own and EV. Utter rubbish.
    I do 15000 miles a year which even if that was 4000kWh of electricity at peak time rates would only be £600 per year.
    Currently diesel costs me about £2500 per year.
    Mostly I would charge at off peak rates so would be looking at around £300-£400 per year.
    How is that ridiculous?

24. Kip's Journey says:

What happens when God takes away 1/3 of the sun's light?

25. Jake Jones says:

I have a solar powered robot dog chillin on my bed right now.

26. Google+ SUCKS BALLS - the worst forced social network says:

Why solar energy is future? ALL ENERGY IS SOLAR… there is no wind without sun, there is no rainfall without sun, there is no coal without sun, there is no oil without sun… so how exactly is solar energy "the future"? Maybe you meant to say solar panels are the future? – Because they are not..

27. hades angelos says:

Not seeing the 50 cent per watt more like a 1.50. Maybe if you build the panels yourself. That doesn't include the inverters, wiring, mounting and labor unless you intend on diy. NASA has had a broad-spectrum panels for years and still nothing new has hit the market but the main thing that needs to be done is the government needs to give legitament incentive and make it federal law. Right now you have to play a game state per state on what they'll actually reimburse you. If government did the same thing as Germany and made it worthwhile, investment would encourage mass production bringing price down and spur innovation. I can't help but think the graphene is going to be part harnessing a broader spectrum of light. While i'm not against fuel cells, they have yet to prove their worth, I have not seen any statistics demonstrating their efficiency above and beyond a reciprocating engine or that of a turbine engine. There's a reason that 90% or more of all power in the world comes from Steam because it expands by 8x, a distinct advantage over a fuel cell. Developing broad spectrum solar is absolutely worthwhile and I still see potential and solar thermal although nothing new has popped up for a long time. It could be theat Machining Stirling engines just isn't worth it. A lot of investment has gone into Power Towers, liquid salt batteries but broad-spectrum solar's definitely worth putting time and effort into.

28. Lance Winslow says:

Damn this academic calling the lull in solar panel adoption due to lack of "research" funding. Self-serving SOB. These academics are not addressing the costs of two-power systems, large solar infrastructure costs to build w/expensive transmission lines at taxpayer's expense, or the fact that solar only works less than 50% of the time, Sun doesn't shine at night. There is so much evangelistic level nonsense in this video. The solar efficiency isn't there yet for viable ROI and the storage costs are very expensive when Sun not shining.