Link to our solar panels http://mwands.com/store/solar-products/solar-panels

MISSOURI WIND AND SOLAR WEBSITE

332 Cobblestone Drive
Seymour, Mo. 65746

HOW TO CONTACT US:
EMAIL: sales@mwands.com
PHONE: 1-417-708-5359

WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT:
Missouri Wind and Solar offers a service no other DIY wind and solar company does – system design, installation advice, and detailed personal diagrams on how to wire the system together. You’re not blindly purchasing products you *think* you might need, you’re getting true customer and technical support before and after the sale.

shows how to hook up solar panels (with a battery bank). simple instructions. home solar power station. very easy to put together. all you need is 1 or more batteries, an inverter, charge controller and a solar panel or panels. the following is for a 12 volt system. use one ‘deep cycle’ battery for every 2 to 6 amps your panels generate. (batteries like to be charged at this rate). a 12 volt 1 amp panel generates about 15 watts. you can use any solar panels. if you can’t get the smaller panels then buy one larger one. (Kyocera sells an inexpensive 7-8 amp solar panel (135 watter)). that would go perfect with 2 deep cycle batteries. the six panels in the video are from harbor freight tools. i bought 2 three panel sets. they sell the panels in sets of three or individually. coleman sells similar panels. the batteries are from walmart. they are ‘deep cycle’ batteries. the charge controller is from fry’s electronics. the inverter is from harbor freight tools. this system will provide all the ‘free’ power you will need to run tons of things around your house. i’ve posted 6 videos showing all sorts of things running on this system (computers, tvs, stereos, lights, power tools, appliances, and more). all can be found on my youtube channel homepage. great little system to start with. try ‘powering up’ one room in your house. you now have a solar assisted house. as one example; this could easily run a light, laptop computer, fan and small tv for several hours every day. also great in an emergency, power outage, remote and rural off-grid living.

40 Responses to Solar panels for the beginner How to Part one Missouri Wind and Solar simple instructions

1. Eric Ibanez says:

Thank you very much. I learned from this video. God bless you

2. Dan Tyler says:

Deep cell=deep cycle?

3. Robert Anderson says:

Thanks for the video I'm new to this and seeking more info. On it I'm sick of paying insane amounts of money to electric company's I'd rather spend on food

4. Steve rivera says:

can i run 12- 345 solar panels 4140 watts 4048 inverter on a MPPT 60-150 solar character controller? or does in have to be 4000 watts or less

5. STONE COLDICEMN says:

Thank you brother Jeff I love you for your wonderful sharing you're doing great job keep up the good work we love you thanks.

6. Charlene Norman says:

Thank you Jeff I adore NO disrespect here

7. Anne A says:

Hi Jeff,I'm in Oz and loving your videos.  Thank you so much for making them as I'm very grateful to have solar demystified!  For those of us who want to help ourselves you offer a great service.

8. Richie Casuccio says:

Where do you buy all the stuff ?

9. imcarlvideos says:

Hi, I live in Japan. I hope no-one minds me asking a stupid question here. My power bills for where I presently live for the last year are    January 703kWh  February 537kWh  March  504kWh   April 306kWh   May 166kWh  June  117kWh  July  287kWh   August  233kWh   September  184kWh  October 134kWh   November   246kWh   December   396kWh . We are on a 30A contract(?)What sort of set up would I need to run this off grid?I am planning on building a house where we will have alternate methods of heating in the winter and we try to limit the use of the airconditioner in summer as much as possible. How do these figures compare to the average American household? Of course houses here in Japan are much smaller.

10. anand panjwani says:

Thanks for this great educational stuff on solar and wind solar. God Bless.

11. imcarlvideos says:

Very informative. The first time that I can say that I actually understood what is happening with a solar power setup. Do you ship to Japan(haha)?

12. dhelms4382 says:

This is awesome!! Thank you!!

13. Jim's How-to Videos says:

thanks very helpful

14. Emanuela Davis says:

Wow you are amazing, you are a great teacher, I have watched other videos on the subject only to come away more confused then before I started watching them. Because of you and the method you use in teaching it's given me hope that I may be able to do this. I am very grateful for your time and patients with the lesson, you took your time and explained thing in a way that I was able to understand. Looking forward to the next video…and so on….cheers from Perth Western Australia

15. GManKeepsltReal says:

What does the negative side of the amp meter hook to?

16. Dmc01007 says:

17. cruztobar says:

I just go an older Winnebago w/ Solar and am debating on whether to put money into a gas generator or go your Solar route. Your route seems more cost efficient and less problems and things to tinker with with while on the go. Do you recommend a specific kind of battery…. I've also been reading about power walls with recycled 18650 capactors. Thanks for your videos by the way. Very informative, concise and clear.

18. Julian Bacchus says:

how to calculate how fast a battery could be charge ?????

19. Kristopher Katsch says:

I think he's got a lot of good knowledge 👍 looking to go off grid with power myself and researching the do's and don't's lol a list of the items and where there obtained would be nice to know!

20. Kuyabik salleuf says:

aren't you suppose to connect the battery first before connecting the solar panel?

21. Matt Armstrong says:

this is one of the best videos i've watched in a while and i am going to put it to great use. thankyou so much for the great tips.

22. Munther G-mail says:

can i use the charge controller with a dynamo or alternator input instead of solar. ..? can it smooth spikes and safely charge Lithium batteries ..? do i still need a voltage regulator. ? i want a way to charge my ebike on the go.. Regards

23. Jacob Gatewood says:

I really appreciate the info!

24. Nacirema Edam says:

Great video.

25. Oluseyi Gideon says:

Will the inverter charge the battery when there is national power from the grid

26. Freddie Cruz says:

Thank you for your video!!!!

27. Ruben Narvaez says:

to charge the battery with a generator for not sunny days, would i need to unplug the battery to the charge controler prior to connecting the generator? Or may I leave it conencted?

28. mona lisa says:

Hi !
    Yes I’m interested to buy a solar panel and all that equipment.
    I like to know if you can share info with me .
    I want to send this to my mother in Puerto Rico .

29. Jeremy Platson says:

I am wanting to set this up on top of a construction trailer for tool batteries! seems to me this set up can charge my batteries but any advice would be great!

30. Little Bear canoe company says:

How can you do this for 220 ? Hot water heater?? Thanks

31. Da Fonse says:

Could a 100 watt be used for 2 batteries instead of 135?

32. Juan Rosado says:

I have a 100 Watt Solar Panel Charger, (Output: DC18V/4.3A) hooked up to my battery with a 20A Solar Panel Charge Controller. Can i hook-up a car battery charger to my 800W Car Power Inverter to charge up the battery that the Inverter is running from, without damaging the solar panel or the controller to assist in charging the battery faster or at least slow down the draining of the battery?

33. joseph Galea says:

Hi, thanks for the video
    I wanted to run the Same as what you have done to be able to distill water for drinking, is it possible to run a 550 watt distiller with the same type of set up?

34. Kayak Fisher says:

Thank you for all the excellent, straightforward info! Quick question, do you mind please telling me all the specifics of each battery that I should consider or just that you use here? Thank you very much!!!

35. Benjamin Johnson says:

I have a small solar system in my treehouse

36. Eduardo Diaz says:

I have a question I have a GelMArine Battery i I hook up my 1,200 Watt invert-er and use it wouldn't it drain the battery, i so what can i do in order to recharge the batterry

37. Dan says:

Good Lord, now how hard was that? I'm not a smart guy (memory problems), so every video I've watched on how to put together a system has boggled my brain. Thanks for making such a clear teaching video. A while back, I watched too many videos where the guys were rattling off so much superfluous scattered information, using unfamiliar terms, that I figured it must just be too complicated for me to understand.

With these latest disasters leaving people without electricity, it seemed like a good time to take another look at getting a solar system together. I'm glad I landed here. Thanks.

38. Tommy James says:

The best simplified solar video on youtube. Well done!

39. David Diaz says:

Thanks for making the video, with the storms coming this will be useful without turning on the gas generator.