Solar Heater or Solar Furnace for home heating

This video shows some details of the results of my home made solar home heater I built from ideas i got from the web and other youtubers.

When technology is designed to work together, it works better. SunPower is proud to introduce SunPower Equinox™, the only home solar system completely designed and engineered by one company to offer an unmatched combination of power, design and reliability. Learn more at https://us.sunpower.com/home-solar.

25 Responses to Solar Heater or Solar Furnace for home heating

1. George Ullman says:

This is a great guideline gives you all the information you need regarding building a home solar electrical power system [Awesome Plan Here >>>https://t.co/eSzViNZ6SY ]. In plain language it tells you what you need to know. And how to put it together with common sense applications.

2. Alex Reymondo says:

this is awesome.. can't wait to build this one soon..

3. savingtipsonhomebill says:

Thanks to your video.. i'm save! now I want to start with my project!! thanks again..

4. Matt Vey says:

Thanks to everyone for you comments and questions.
    Please share the video with your friends and on social media so everyone can see that it is possible to build one of these and get great results.
    Don't forget to subscribe.

5. Mack Ranelias says:

solar heater would be one of the best energy saver I ever made..

6. reduceyourelectricity says:

home solar air heater makes my home more comfy and warm whenever its cold.. thanks to that i save more than I use.. its amazing…

7. Sharkusaf says:

Your setup is perfect… If I were you I would try it without the fans. The air gets so hot that the natural convection will do the job, because you inlet and outlet are on there natural spots. Ofcourse a fan will cranck up the volume of free energy.

8. alzathoth says:

WHAT KIND OF FANS DO YOU USE FOR THIS SYSTEM? WILL 12V SUFFICE? also, what heats your house at night?

9. ZombieTex1 says:

Just a thought, do you think it would be a good idea to run the output back down to floor level so that the hot air doesn't just go directly to the ceiling and sit on top of the cold air that's already in the house?  If you put the output on the floor, the hot air would have a chance to heat the lower lying air as it made it's way up.

10. TTHRftw says:

isnt the noice anoying ? Maybe if you place your system further away , the noice is less?

11. Matt Vey says:

I want to thanks all of the people who have commented on this video and asked questions over the years. I have moved and am currently procrastinating, I mean, working on, an updated version of this design. If you want to see the new design, subscribe to this channel and keep updated. Thanks again!!

12. Matt Vey says:

Used aluminum dryer vent. Heat builds at the sun exposure goes up.

13. Matt Vey says:

I used both flow types and decided counter flow just because the heat was at my feet when watching TV.

14. Matt Vey says:

I used the aluminum flashing to hold the lexan to the box. It was fine.

15. Matt Vey says:

No. Runs off AC

16. Matt Vey says:

Awesome!! Where is your video?

17. Matt Vey says:

Yup. I stuff a pillow in the bottom

18. Matt Vey says:

I had considered doing the same thing. I bet it is a great idea.

19. Matt Vey says:

THANKS!

20. Kenz300 x says:

Battery storage is a game changer making wind and solar base line power.
    Clean energy production with solar panels / tiles and battery storage.
    Clean energy consumption with electric vehicles.  No emissions.
    Sign me up.  A new solar roof, battery storage, an electric car charger and an electric vehicle.
    Solar panels are now being projected to have a much longer life than just a few years ago.

21. Amin Zakaria says:

It seems to be sure deal to have it.Best to have it too.Please let me know the price too.Aminzakaria1988@gmail.com

22. Tim Marquez says: