National Geographic Megastructures featuring Adani’s Solar Power Plant.

World’s largest single location solar power plant with a capacity of 648 MW of energy, having over 25 lakh solar modules installed and spread across 2500 acres of land.

Watch the full episode of National Geographic’s Megastructures to get a peek into how Adani makes use of this renewable source of energy at World’s largest Solar Power Plant at Kamuthi, Tamil Nadu.

HUAINAN CITY, CHINA — A new floating solar farm constructed on a lake in Huainan City, China is said to be the largest in the world.

According to the South China Morning Post, the farm is made up of 160,000 solar panels. These panels reportedly can produce electricity for up to 15,000 homes.

The farm is built over a lake that emerged from a collapsed coal mine, reported Phys.org.

The water from the lake helps cool the panels’ electronics, reported the Smithsonian Mag, citing a Telegraph report on Europe’s largest solar farm.

The farm was linked to Huainan City’s power grid last month, reported the South China Morning Post.
—————————————-­———————

Go to https://www.patreon.com/tomonews and become a Patron now

TomoNews is now on Patreon and we’ve got some cool perks for our hardcore fans.

TomoNews is your best source for real news. We cover the funniest, craziest and most talked-about stories on the internet. Our tone is irreverent and unapologetic. If you’re laughing, we’re laughing. If you’re outraged, we’re outraged. We tell it like it is. And because we can animate stories, TomoNews brings you news like you’ve never seen before.

Visit our official website for all the latest, uncensored videos: http://us.tomonews.com
Check out our Android app: http://bit.ly/1rddhCj
Check out our iOS app: http://bit.ly/1gO3z1f

Get top stories delivered to your inbox everyday: http://bit.ly/tomo-newsletter
See a story that should be animated? Tell us about it! Suggest a story here: http://bit.ly/suggest-tomonews

Stay connected with us here:
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TomoNewsUS
Twitter @tomonewsus http://www.twitter.com/TomoNewsUS
Google+ http://plus.google.com/+TomoNewsUS/
Instagram @tomonewsus http://instagram.com/tomonewsus

40 Responses to National Geographic Megastructures featuring Adani’s Solar Power Plant.

1. Islam Muslims are evil Satans Evil Satans says:

great job…

7. DILIP SINGH BOTOLA says:

Green india

8. AMIT SINGH MANU says:

great job keep it up ….

9. Jogender singh says:

i want see many projects like this in India .

10. Eagle Eye says:

India is totally a puzzled country at one end its as developed as any European country on other side they are areas as equal to sub-sahara livelihood but hatsoff to India for beating all odds marching ahead.

11. Edward Byard says:

If India can add 175GW of solar by 2022, there is no excuse for other countries. We could go 100% renewable in the UK quite easily. Just need to be able to store it for overnight use.

12. Janice Deleon says:

its great..

13. Curmudgeon says:

Maybe Trump should watch this and see how the rest of the world is facing the challenge of climate change. His decision to dismantle environmental protections and attempt to restart the dying coal industry shows how out of touch he is with the realities of the modern world. India and China are showing the degenerate Western leadership how things should be done. As a frequent visitor to India I am full of admiration for their commitment to the future.

14. Anirudh Asopa says:

Great team work. Despite multi challenges the goal was achieved.

15. DILIP SINGH BOTOLA says:

I love my India… Jai hind

16. Md Mehebub Hasan says:

proud to be an indian…

17. Souradipta Ghosh says:

JAi Hind

18. Vincent Parker says:

Good move towards green and free energy, congratulations from Montreal!

19. Arnab Mahapatra says:

Burnol time for China and other neighbours..

20. Vox India says:

great job!! every indian should be proud

21. timecowx says:

3:24 – Nope. Even in a humid climate, there is no way the device shown could pull 2.8L of water out of the air in 24 hours. The "MOF" shown was only a few inches sq. It is supposed to absorb moisture overnight, then be closed up and use solar power during the day. (would have to be closed or any moisture would evaporate). So what they are claiming is that the little 4" x 4" MOF absorbed 2.8L of water. How does something at most a few cubic inches store 2.8L of water? Not to mention the amount of air that would have to be passed through the MOF, in a desert environment, to even GET 2.8L of water absorbed into it. At an average 10-20% humidity, its a LOT of air, which would have to be moved through the MOF, which would mean a powered fan. Solar power during the day to run the peltier device wouldn't leave much power (which would then need a battery to store it) to run a fan all night. I am very much pro-solar/wind power, but this is just not realistic.

22. Stan Hopkins says:

The US sure is missing the future

23. Bill Sherman says:

bait and switch

24. Tenzing Indian says:

Tomorrow belongs to China

25. kuri oko says:

if their are power fluctuations, you can text-sms automaticly the phone of the power user to use less or more power, or for example. if there is a power boost, an device can detetect the power peek and automaticly turn on the boiler or washing machine or other large power users like charging electrical cars. you don want charge does at night or with clouds in the sky. Good luck Everybody.

26. steel ssstu says:

Free energy please,fuck paying for it

27. Saeed Kanuga says:

Sun light must have some function for sea water. Why not put solar panel on roof tether on sea?

28. Jazz 6703 says:

How about tsunami whare your solar power panels how your going to protect

29. Mr smooth says:

Why tomo news not make anti china propaganda like usuall????

30. Michael Worsham says:

This book [link here>>>https://t.co/WqSHhReOxS ] got me thru the design and installation of a complete off-grid system for my lake cottage. The process of site evaluation, system component selection, wiring, etc. is complex, but with a lot of study and this book, I ended up very happy with the results. Everything you need to know is here. I recommend it for anyone who is starting with little solar panel knowledge and wants to end up with a whole house system

31. Mustafa Muhammad says:

China I love you pakistan

32. Pinky the Brain says:

Yes, warming up the lake has eco change coming.  Sure needs to watch out for future decision making.  Perhaps on BIGGER ponds.

33. Jose Barajas says:

Like I said doctors don't understand me or give me the right help which I understand years ago i been seeing , writing,and reading different & dreams , imagination, and thinking, it's all true it's happening and happened also ideas I would come up with years ago I see them now I try to and I stay ahead all in my head I like my alone time ,I don't watch TV or hear radio or music ,I like my quiet time peaceful it's how I pay attention to why I do what makes me look at think or analyse it where ever I go or do my dreams , thinking , feeling that's made me smarter and understand and prepare myself to work hard I can prove it I just need someone to help me out of the house make me feel comfort all show you never seen what I got and can do it's a break through in science I swear it's amazing how I didn't and seen it I got better at it and it can help lots and lots in other ways ,I have ideas and projects I come up with and got some answers in how things happen in our country I can show it and there's nothing like that ever said I can prove that to I shouldn't put it on here but I'm tired of not doing something about it help me all help you in anyway possible believe trust and will happen

34. Daniel Schwartz says:

China and Pakistan are developing New Technology Projects so don't be Surprised to see both Countries doing this Project, Both Countries have joined Hands to make China and Pakistan become Technology Hubs in the Future.

Both Countries China and Pakistan are ushering Into the Future Of Innovation And Productivity
    together Collaborating and Sharing Technology to Meet a Common Challenge.

35. bipola telly says:

"greenhouse gases"? who cares?(apart from the brainwashed) And don't plants breath co2?
    The Sun makes the climate…. Grand Solar Minimum is here! brrrrrrr….

36. Kevin Bui says:

Fucking China the rise of china equal danger for the world.

37. goutham kolipaka says:

Light play a key role in food chain of aquatic echo system…your disturbing the ocean food chain….plz consider this…

38. goutham kolipaka says:

I got the idea in ocean 3years back
    But, My suggestion To the planners
    Don't disturb the aquatic ecosystems….

39. Yoni Binstock says:

If folks are interested in jobs in the solar industry, there's a great course on Udemy just for that – https://www.udemy.com/how-to-get-a-job-in-the-solar-industry/#%2F