Brief guide on buying solar panels

In this video, we will guide you about the different types of PV panels available in the market. The three main types are Mono Crystalline Silicon, Poly Crystalline Silicon and Thin Film panels.

There are also other panels that will be available in the future for domestic applications. These include Multi-Junction Solar Cell and Hybrid Solar Cells.

Some new types of panels that are already in the market are flexible PV panels and smart panels.

Some of the manufacturers for Multi-Junction solar cells are listed below.

SpectroLab: The World’s leading provider of compound semiconductor and lighting products

SunCore US: Concentrator Photovoltaic Technology Solutions

Azurspace Power Solar GmbH

7 Responses to Brief guide on buying solar panels

1. tuff ute says:

Very good video well explained thank you

2. James stranger says:

I'm wondering about amorphous panels? they seem to output differently than other types. when its cloudy anyway . I guess about the same in sun. its just hard to find them in large panels. the largest I seen was 25 or 50 watts. I saw some kind of solar cells on eBay. from a shut down factory. that are on aluminum plate. they suppose to be like 20% efficient. .45v and 2.6 watts per cell or 5.8 amps per cell. and they are not cheap! have you heard of these?

3. Ronald J says:

Greetings: I live part of the time in a remote region of Northern Canada and would benefit greatly from a better understanding of solar power. This means I am listening intently to every word of your lesson. At 3:43 did you mean electricity into light or light into electricity in describing Multi-junction panels?

4. Drsana Shoaib says:

Most useful thank u!

5. john mera says:

teeno panels ki temp efficiency kia hoti hay kitni temp tak sahi kam karty hain,,,,

6. Safdar Karim says:

Again a useful video.
    One traditional method we use to check panel efficiency is to short circuit the connecters and hang DC amp clamp meter in the loop for short time in front of sunlight. panels that gives high amp considered more efficient.
    last month I bought 12v solar poly crystalline panels using this method. it gave me 8.5amp better then mono(7-8 amp). after knowing mono is better I m in hot water and thinking to replace it.

7. Nazir Ahmed says: